Hello lovely readers! I was tagged to do the Ultimate Book Tag by the very kind Siobhan’s Novelties whose blog is really great so definitely go check it out! I love answering questions about reading so this is a perfect one for me!
1.Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes. Very. I get car/bus/train sick even when I’m not reading and reading makes it 100 times worse which sucks because long trips would be an ideal time to get some reading in!
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I absolutely love Fredrik Backman’s writing style. He is fantastic at demonstrating so much emotion and depth with just a single sentence. His writing is beautiful and biting and never fails to make me hold my breath in anticipation.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
How is this even a question!? Obviously Harry Potter is a million times superior to Twilight. Sorry to Twilight fans, each their own but I just really can’t find anything to like in it personally.
- The characters in Harry Potter are all so fantastic, the villains are terrifying and the good guys are so easy to love and root for.
- The whole world that JK Rowling created is just unbelievable. It actually feels real to me which is insane – it’s that creative and amazing.
- The story is so so much better than Twilight, it’s about love and friendship and the power of good and the books are so important to so many people!
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (beside books…)?
I almost always have a book in my giant handbag so I guess that kind of makes it a book bag! I carry round loads of unnecessary stuff with me because I am terrible at packing light!
5. Do you smell your books?
Not really, I do like the smell of bookshops though, I think they have a lovely warm papery kind of scent!
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I absolutely adore illustrations – I wish all books had them.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I read Beautiful Creatures ages ago and I quite enjoyed it, I never read any more of the series though and looking back I don’t think it was particularly well written or good at all.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really any funny stories to be honest! However, I have always have trouble with sleeping throughout my whole life and when I was little I would listen to audio tapes of The Twins at St Clare’s and Malory Towers by Enid Blyton for hours before I finally fell asleep. They were such fun books and I must have listened to these series a thousand times!
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
I think it’s We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, it’s tiny!
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Probably Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself being an author in the future?
The writing I do is really only blogging book reviews and lists, or taking notes whilst reading books. I wish I could be an author but I don’t see it happening.
12. When did you get into reading?
I’ve always loved reading from the moment I first learned to do it. I don’t know why really, it’s just always been something I loved. My dad reads a lot so maybe I get it from him!
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë is my favourite but Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier is a close second!
14. In School what was your best subject?
My best subject was french. I was also good at History, Art and English but I’m shockingly bad at maths and science.
15. If your were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
Oooh I don’t know, it’s never happened to me. Honestly I’d probably lie to the person and say I liked it to spare their feelings.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
This is a hard one as I don’t really read loads of series. I honestly can’t think of one – sorry!
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I have slightly shaky hands so it’s hard for me to get a great photo without taking loads of them!
18. What is your favourite word?
Ridiculous – my friends claim I say it all the time!
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’m definitely a booknerd!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I like both but probably fairies – they have such a rich and fascinating history in folklore! Plus Vampires are a little overdone now.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I’m going with shapeshifters just because it’s a cool thing to be able to do.
22. Spirits or Werewolves?
Werewolves definitely! Because of Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter series! I love him.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
I don’t really get the zombie thing so I’ll go vampire. I’m planning to read Dracula at some point this year so I must kind of like vampires!
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Love triangles are a bit annoying so I’ll go for forbidden love. I do enjoy a good Romeo and Juliet-type scenario!
25. And Finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I don’t read pure romance – I find it mostly quite cringe-worthy to read if I’m being honest. I don’t mind a bit of romance as long as it’s not the focal point so definitely the latter!
That was fun! I’ll tag a few great book bloggers below, sorry if you’ve already done it!