Hello! So I saw this tag (originally created by *emmie* & CarolynMarieReads) over at Rachel Tea Reads, whose lovely blog you should definitely check out and thought it looked really fun so I wanted to give it a go!
1. What is your favorite “academia” or “dark” book + movie?
My favourite book has to be The Secret History, I know it’s the most obvious choice but it is obvious for a reason – which is because it’s incredible. For movie, I’ve gone with Cruel Intentions because it really springs to mind when I think of dark academia movies even though not much academia actually goes on in it!
2. What dead poet would you like to have a drink with?
Being Scottish, I’m going for Robert Burns!
3. What is your favourite painting and/or sculpture?
This is ‘The Elephants’ by Savador Dali who is my favourite artist of all time. I’ve been obsessed with him for years and love all of his work but I do think his elephants are particularly special.
4. What is your favourite architectural marvel?
I’m going for the incredibly beautiful Palace of Versailles. This photo is of The Hall of Mirrors which is just so beautiful in person – I loved visiting and would definitely like to go back!
5. What Shakespeare play would you want to be the lead in?
My favourite Shakespeare is Macbeth and if I was an actress then I would LOVE to play Lady Macbeth.
6. How many languages do you speak and which language would you most like to learn?
I only speak English really! I do speak a fair bit of French but I definitely wouldn’t say I’m fluent although I would probably get by in France. I started trying to learn Spanish recently and I would love to speak Russian too!
7. What is your favourite quote (from poetry, prose, plays, etc.)?
Here are some of my favourite book quotes:
“There were times when the pressure to achieve happiness felt almost oppressive, as if happiness were something that everyone should and could attain, and that any sort of compromise in its pursuit was somehow your fault.”
A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
“If people cared more about being kind than being successful, the world would be a much better place.”
The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven
“‘The Rights of Man’ was one of the great phrases of the French Revolution, but it’s always been questionable whether it included the rights of women.”
Men Explain Things To Me by Rebecca Solnit
“You have to forgive once. To resent you have to fo it all day, every day.”
The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
8. Which fictional character’s death is your ideal way to go?
I’m honestly not sure about this one – it feels like tempting fate so I’m missing it out!
9. What university/college would you most like to attend?
Maybe Oxford – mostly for the Library if I’m being honest!
10. What is your murder weapon or murder method of choice?
I quite like the idea of an assassin, maybe involving a sword of some description!
11. What mythology would you most like to a part of?
Definitely Greek Mythology which I have been obsessed with for as long as I remember.
12. If you had to do a PhD what would you choose to do it on?
Hmmm – maybe something in History or Art of some sort.
13. Which fictional character would you die for?
My favourite fictional character is Sirius Black from Harry Potter so it would have to be him! Although I also love Matilda from Matilda by Roald Dahl and Emma Woodhouse from Emma by Jane Austen.
Rapid-Fire: Pick One
1. Leather bound or cloth bound books – Cloth bound
2. Dog-earing pages or highlighting pages – Dog-earing pages if I had to pick
3. Sculptures or paintings – Paintings
4. Piano or violin – Piano
5. Films or theatre – Love both but if I had to choose Theatre
6. Poetry or prose – Prose
7. Museums or bookshops – Bookshops
8. Smell of books or smell of coffee/tea – Books (I hate tea and coffee)
9. Fountain pen or typewriter – Fountain Pen
10. New or used books – New
That was a fun one and now I want to find more dark academia books to read! If you fancy doing this tag then consider yourself now tagged!