So this has been a pretty awful month for the world in general and I’ve been struggling with my health issues flaring up and heightened anxiety due to Coronavirus as I’m sure many of you have been. Despite the very difficult times, March has actually been a month that I have enjoyed an unprecedented number of five-star reads! Small victory, I know, but I’m taking it! I read eight books this month – SIX of which I rated five stars and the other two were great four star reads! There has been so many fantastic books released recently and there are so many more to come in the next few weeks that I am super excited to get to!
Here is a little March round-up:
- Rules For Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson – My review – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Cactus by Sarah Haywood (Audiobook) – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ – this would be a perfect choice for anyone looking for a distraction at the moment. It’s a genuinely great, funny and heartwarming read and the audiobook is fantastically narrated.
- Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones – My review – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell – My Review – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Keeper by Jessica Moor – My Review – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Thorn by Intisar Khanani – My Review – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Wild Dog by Serge Joncour – Review to come this week – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker – Review to come this week – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I really hope everyone is doing OK and coping as best they can with these very strange circumstances we find ourselves in. I’m here if anyone wants to chat at all! I think books are going to be even more of a necessity for us all in the coming weeks – they always manage to provide an escape of sorts. All the best to all of you!