I can’t believe that’s another month come and gone! This difficult and unusual summer is going by so quickly. Lockdown is starting to become more relaxed here in Scotland and whilst I understand many are happy about this, I have to confess I’m pretty stressed about it. I’m an anxious person at the best of times, especially concerning germs and illness, so I’m finding coming out of lockdown really hard. I’m not particularly keen on going out more than I need to and I’m not sure that’s going to change any time soon but I’m just going to try and take it a day at a time.
I’ve had a really good reading month, and I seem to be giving out 5 star ratings rather frequently at the moment! I think I’ve just been really fortunate to have loved the books I’ve been reading lately and I’m not going to start lowering my ratings just for the sake of it, especially in such stressful times for the book industry. So here is a round-up of the books I read in June and my reviews!
- Heaven, My Home by Attica Locke – 5/5 – My Review
- The Truants by Kate Weinberg – 5/5 – My Review
- Safe by S.K. Barnett – 4/5 – My Review
- The Lightness by Emily Temple – 4/5 – My Review
- The Other Passenger by Louise Candlish – 5/5 – My Review
- The Girl From Widow Hills by Megan Miranda – 4.5/5 – Review To Come
- Harrow Lake by Kat Ellis – 5/5 – Review To Come
- The Miseducation of Evie Epworth – 5/5 – Review To Come
I’ve really loved all these books so picking a highlight is really hard! The Truants is one I know I’m going to read again and will be an all time favourite! Both Harrow Lake and The Miseducation of Evie Epworth were so much fun to read so it’s probably a three way tie between those but honestly – all of these books are fantastic and I highly recommend them.
Take care everyone!