Hello lovely readers! I hope you are all having a relaxing end to the week. I was on holiday this week with my extended family on the West Coast of Scotland (I live in Edinburgh which is in the east so it wasn’t too long a journey) and there wasn’t much to do there so I managed to read four books – yay!
I was nominated to do this award by the very lovely Siobhan’s Novelties whose blog is absolutely fantastic so you should definitely check it out! I find these more personal ones a bit of a challenge but one which I really enjoy so thank you Siobhan for tagging me!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Leave a link to their blog
- Tell us 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers/bloggers you’ve discovered recently or follow regularly
7 Things About Me:
1. I love doing yoga: I used to do a lot of the more traditional types of yoga and I liked it but didn’t feel it was benefiting me all that much. Then I tried restorative yoga and yin yoga and found them so fantastically helpful. They are so relaxing and help the mind as well as the body.
2. I’m such a scaredy-cat and can’t watch scary movies but I like reading dark, violent and scary books. I don’t really understand why I can read something I could never watch but I think it’s the fact that you can put a book down if you need a minute or it gets too intense whereas you kind of have to keep watching in a cinema!
3. I love all things Disney: I have adored the Disney films since I was 3 years old when I would watch The Jungle Book over and over and I knew every word to the songs off by heart. I don’t think I could pick an overall favourite but I really love The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Mulan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin and of course the book lovers favourite – Beauty and the Beast. I also used to have loads of Disney outfits when I was little and my favourite was my Esmerelda dress!
4. I am a huge fan of Ballet: I went to ballet classes from the age of three right up until I was sixteen when I was doing five classes a week. I don’t do ballet now but I still adore going to the theatre and watching it. I think it’s just the most beautiful art form and my favourite dance company is Northern Ballet who are supremely talented.
5. I like to draw: I love sketching and drawing, specifically fashion illustration and costume design/illustration. I find it relaxing to draw and I love fashion and the theatre so designing costumes would be my dream job.
6. I have a chronic pain condition: About two and a half years ago I started having a variety of symptoms one of which was excruciating pelvic pain. I have been trying so many different methods of coping with it and have had many investigations like MRI’s and laparoscopies but so far the doctors have been unable to find the cause. It has completely changed my life as I have been unable to have a job or go to my university course due to sporadic hospital stays and millions of doctor appointments. One of the things that really helps me not let it completely overtake everything is reading and blogging so thank you all for this community!
7. I used to be terrified of dogs. A gigantic dog jumped up on me and knocked me flat when I was four years old and for years they scared me silly. However about seven and a half years ago my family got a working cocker spaniel who is now kind of the love of my life. He is the sweetest pup in the world and has brought so much joy to my whole family so I will end with a photo of Harvey smiling!
Well that’s it! Seven things about me. I really hope you enjoyed reading and please do comment with your thoughts! I will tag a few great bloggers but no pressure if you don’t feel like doing it or already have!