Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Hello everyone! It’s Tuesday again so that means Top Ten Tuesday time. This week we’re discussing character traits which is a really interesting topic and one that I had a lot of fun thinking about. So here are ten character traits I love and a few examples of characters possessing those traits!
Definition: harsh or bitter derision or irony. A sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.
- Nina Zenik in Six of Crows
- Johanna Mason in Hunger Games
- Izzy O’Neill in The Exact Opposite of Okay
Definition: a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person.
- Ove in A Man Called Ove
- Mr Darcy in Pride & Prejudice
- Aberforth Dumbledore in Harry Potter
Definition: capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc. Manifestation of a high mental capacity.
- Sara Linton in the Grant County Series
- Lila Cerullo in My Brilliant Friend
- Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter
- Lale Sokolov in The Tattooist of Auschwitz
Definition: possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
- Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games
- Neville Longbottom in Harry Potter
- Cora in The Underground Railroad
- Patroclus in Song of Achilles
Definition: of a good or benevolent nature or disposition, as a person.
- Hagrid in Harry Potter
- Hans Hubermann in The Book Thief
- Beth March in Little Women
- Willem in A Little Life
- Remus Lupin in Harry Potter
Definition: the keen perception and cleverly apt expression of those connections between ideas that awaken amusement and pleasure.
- Elizabeth Bennet in Pride & Prejudice
- Matilda Wormwood in Matilda
- Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
Definition: skill employed in a shrewd or sly manner, as in deceiving; craftiness; guile.
- Kaz Brekker in Six of Crows
- Dante Torre in Kill The Father
- Mr Fox in Fantastic Mr Fox
- Marguerite in The Wicked Deep
Definition: the ability to be keep going after something difficult or bad has happened.
- Sadie in Sadie by Courtney Summers
- Sirius Black in Harry Potter
- Cilka Klein in Cilka’s Journey
Definition: the ability to be amused by something seen, heard, or thought about, sometimes causing you to smile or laugh, or the quality in something that causes such amusement.
- Fred and George Weasley in Harry Potter
- Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables
- Emma Woodhouse in Emma
- Gilderoy Lockhart in Harry Potter
Definition: worried and nervous.
- Leon in The Flatshare
- Ariel in You Asked For Perfect
- Catherine in Into The Darkest Corner
- Piglet in Winnie The Pooh
Well there you go – ten character traits that I love. Some because I relate to them, like anxiety and sarcasm and some because I wish I possessed them like bravery, cunning and resilience. I really hope you enjoyed reading my list and I would love to know your thoughts in the comments! And please do leave a link to your own Top Ten Tuesday!