I saw this tag over at the lovely Emer at A Little Haze Book Blog and loved how festive it is! Plus we are in that really weird few days between Christmas and New Years when no one knows what day it is or what is happening!
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Credit the creator: Lauren Wade on Booktube
- Answer the questions.
- Tag some friends.
1. The Ghost of Christmas Past – A book that was a childhood favourite
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
This book always makes me feel nostalgic for my childhood. It is so beautiful and I remember reading it over and over – plus I love the movie version too!
2. The Ghost of Christmas Present – A recent book that you think will become one of your all time favourites
The Glass Woman by Caroline Lea
This book was one of my 2019 favourites and I think it will definitely become one of my all-time favourites. It is so beautifully evocative and atmospheric plus I love the historical Icelandic setting.
3. The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come – A book coming out next year that you’re most excited about
The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante
I am so excited about the new book coming out by one of my favourite authors, Elena Ferrante. Her Neapolitan Novels are incredible and I can’t wait to read whatever she has come up with next.
4. Bah, Humbug! – A book that everyone else loves that you just can’t stand
What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
I don’t think I’d go so far as to say I can’t stand it but I found this book, which most people found adorable, really annoying. I found the characters whiny and just couldn’t be bothered with it.
5. Bob Crachit – An old dependable that you always recommend
A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman
I always recommend Backman’s books because I just can’t see how anyone wouldn’t love them and I think my favourite is A Man Called Ove. It’s heartwarming and funny and everything in between!
6. Tiny Tim – An under hyped book that you think deserves more love
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick De Witt
This is one of my favourites which I think is so fantastically smart and witty and I never feel its gets enough love! It is quirky and a great twist on the Western genre!
7. Today? Why it’s Christmas Day! – What’s a book that always gets you in the mood for Christmas (apart from A Christmas Carol)?
The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
The Harry Potter books always make me feel Christmassy for some reason. I don’t know why because they are not overly festive but they just put me right into Christmas mode!
8. The Muppet Christmas Carol – Your favourite film adaptation of a book
Pride and Prejudice
I don’t know why but the Keira Knightley version of Pride & Prejudice seems to get a lot of hate (I think maybe because people are attached to the Colin Firth TV version which is admittedly great) but I really love it. I think it captures the spirit of the book nicely in my view and I think Keira is a great Elizabeth Bennet and Matthew MacFayden makes a perfectly brooding Mr Darcy.
9. Tag some People!
Anyone who wants to do this tag feel free to join in the Christmas fun! heres a photo of my spaniel in front of our Christmas tree as an incentive!